If for some reasons that your curiosity bites you nagging to learn about your mobile device’s IP address, this article should satisfy that curiosity. Whatever your intentions for finding out an IP address of your smartphone, I guess we will never know. Or you can just tell us in the comment section. We will tell you how to find IP address of mobile device here in this article anyway.
Let me tell you something really practical. There is no point in finding out a mobile device’s IP address. For one, smartphone’s IP address constantly changes especially when you are moving from one town to another. So if your purpose is to follow around a person holding a specific smartphone, then that would practically give you a hard time. Unless you have the ISP support to back you up.
The second thing is that routers lease IP addresses to the connected device for only a short period of time. So even if you find out your IP address, it probably will change to a different IP address in the next hour or day.
But hey, if you still want to push through with your intention, we will teach you what you want to know. And for this purpose only, we have a couple of methods on how to do this thing. So get your focus on and read the instructions carefully.
How to Find IP Address of Mobile Device
Method 1: Through Router
If you have an access to the router’s admin web page or the settings page, this should be easier. As long as you are connected and the device that you want to see the IP address is also connected to the same network then it is doable.
- On your device, open your preferred web browser.
- From the web browser’s address bar, type in the default gateway of the router. The common IP address of the router should be either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. If these two IP addresses are not the default gateway, you should check the sticker at the bottom of the router. It is usually there most of the time.
- Now if you successfully accessed the router’s web interface, find the connected device list or something similar to those words. Every router has different nomenclatures with their products and features. So it would be up to you to figure that out.
- If there are only a few connected devices to the router, then finding out the IP address will be a lot easier. If there are many devices in the network, then this method is pretty much useless.
Method 2: Check on Android
If finding your device’s IP address is your only concern, then this is simple. But if you want to get the IP address of another person’s smartphone, then you should know that you will need to get that person’s device or this method is pointless.
- First is making sure that the device is connected to the WiFi network.
- On your Android device, go to Settings.
- Once in the Settings, go to your WiFi Control tab.
- Now tap the network where you are currently connected. It will then show the status of your WiFi, internet speed, channel, signal strength, and the IP address.
- To some higher versions of Android, the IP address should be on the Advanced Settings button of your WiFi. It usually is in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on it and you will see the IP address along with the mac address if in case you would want that too.
Method 3: Check on iPhone
- Now, you have to be connected to the WiFi network first. This will not work if there is not detected internet for the device.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings and then the WiFi Network.
- On the network that you are currently connected, there is a blue arrow on the right side, tap on it.
- From the next screen, the IP address will show up along with Subnet Mask and DNS.
Method 4: Use What Is My IP Address APK for Android
- If you do not like the methods mentioned above, well here is another way.
- Download the What Is My IP Address APK from the download button below.
- After the download, tap to start the installation.
- As soon as the installation finishes, open the app and it will show you your local IP address and the public IP address.
Method 5: Use Find My IP – Get IP for iOS
- Connect your iOS device to the WiFi network.
- Open the App Store.
- Search for the Find My IP – Get IP app or you can just click here to go straight to it.
- Once you find it, start the installation right away.
- After it installs, open the app. It will then show you your local and public IP address.
So those are the ways to help you find out about your mobile device IP address. I hope you get to do what you want to do with it. And if possible, do it quickly because like I said, that IP address is not going to take long. It will be changed once the phone restarts, changed location, or expires its lease.
So which method are you going to use? And can you tell us why you want to know your mobile IP address? If you do, do it in the comment section down below.
And also, if you have questions and suggestions that you want us to answer, please do say it in the comment section below. And don’t forget to share this with your friends who are up to the same purpose as you do, This might help them with their stuff.